Its unique Free Online Fitting Service makes it stand out in a ballet world.
We believe that knowing what makes you unique powers your dance skills.
My name is Inna-Tatiana and I am a desperate ballet enthusiast. I started this project back in 2008, when I got pregnant and missed my ballet lessons so much. I launched BestPointe.com as a one-woman show, with a dozen pairs of Grishko pointe shoes, after getting my first fitting knowledge. In a very short moment, I found out there was a very little concern about proper pointe shoe fitting, within dance schools and even dance stores.
That’s how the goal of empowering dancers to find their Perfect Pointe shoe pair for their specific foot shape was born. We are the first company to fit ballet dancers into their favorite pointe shoes with a free online fit quiz - and to recognize that there’s so much more to fit than the size of the shoe.
Together with a team of intrepid women (and men!) we are changing the way ballet things are chosen, shopped for and danced in. All of us are ballet nerds who can talk for hours about pointe shoe models differences, arch exercises, and leotard necklines. Please make us lots of questions about all this stuff and you will make us happy!
Who are they and why they chose us? Why buy ballet stuff overseas, why wait for one, two or more weeks, why risk with the sizing? There are at least five types of our customers for whom it's all definitely worth it.
1. Pointe shoe beginners who happen to not live in 100 world's biggest cities. Most of the time, they are confined to a small and sometimes random model/size choices of the local "All for dance" shop. We provide them with virtual pointe shoe fitting and a full guide to beginner' pointe shoe tips called Pointe Shoe Academy.
2. Ballet teachers who don't live in these 100 world's capitals. They just delegate us all the pointe shoe fitting job - otherwise, they would have to do it on their own. Plus they get some great deals on bulk offers.
3. Dance mums of these future stars who go through dozens of pointe shoes a week. This is the most "painful" stage when you can see that the girls are about to get a job and a career in ballet, but for now the parents' full-time job is to find the needed amount of shoes in no time and also to get the best possible deal for it.
4. Male pointe shoe users. Providing you with big and even bigger pointe shoes is our favorite challenge. It is not fair that lots of dancers cannot go en pointe just because they cannot find a shoe of their size.
5. Last but not least, adult ballet enthusiasts. Our company was built by adult ballet 'nerds', but it was not so long ago that we understood how MANY people in the world share our passion!
At this moment, I think we totally understood the needs of the above groups of customers, so now we spend quite a lot of time to find some pretty and useful ballet things a ballet dancer may not find locally.
We spend even more time to create a really usable e-store catalog so you can easily find these things, among 1600 products of dozens brands.
And our checkout process is as easy as 2 clicks!
Inna-Tatiana Mayorova & Bestpointe team