GREEK LEATHER SANDALS
It is a certain type of a pointe shoe which can be used in any basic Grishko style: Grishko2007, Fouette, Maya I. By request, it can be used in Maya II and Triumph, too. Still, when a customer calls and asks for “Proflex pointe shoes”, he most probably means Grishko2007 Pro-Flex, because it’s the most popular model and the ultimate best-seller, as some schools use this style as default first pointe shoes for the beginners.
The main feature of the Pro-Flexes is the absence of the shank. Instead of the traditional hardness provided by the shank, the Pro-Flex sole is designed to provide enough support underneath the toes but is very flexible in the arch. This construction ensures easier roll-ups from demi to full pointe. The best thing about the Pro-Flexes is that you do not need to break the sole in. Plus, all the Pro-Flexes use a soundproof technology so they are quieter than the classic models, which make the style perfect for performances.
Do YOU need Pro-Flex?
- You find it hard to reach full pointe (like the dancer at the picture)
- You’re an adult amateur ballet dancer
- You need an extra pair or a quick break-in for performance.
- Your feet still grow AND you consider a career of a professional ballerina:using Pro-Flex constantly won’t help train and strengthen your feet
- If your feet are quite big (size 40 EUR – 9 US – 7 UK and up) or your weight is more than 60-65kg: the sole won’t be able to support you.
Now... Which of the Pro-Flex types (Grishko2007, Fouette, Maya I) is yours and what size to order?
We often receive questions about "which of the 3 Pro-Flex types is mine and is the sizing the same?" so we've created the following chart to clarify this, too.
Talk to our experts!
+30 694 8895538 (Viber, WhatApp, Telegram)